If otherwise not prescribed by your physician, it is recommended to wear the compression stockings all day long.
If you are wearing compression products for the first time, you should gradually accommodate your body to the compression stockings: at first wear them for shorter, than for longer and longer periods. The ‘accommodation’ time can last from one-two days until one-two weeks. This is necessary because in the first period of wearing compression stockings the serious pressure may cause an unpleasant feeling, as well as the impression as if the stocking or tight were ‘too tight’.
Because stockings are made of a fine thread, in order to avoid mechanic deterioration, pull stocking on and off with due care. We recommend using rubber gloves when pulling stockings on or off.
Pull-on recommendation for stockings
If you buy an open toes AF, AG or AM product, in the package you will find a green pull on slipper.
Pull on procedure:
- If available, pull the slipper on your foot.
- Turn the leg of the stocking inside out until the ankle part.
- Place your thumb in the ankle part and pull on the foot of the stocking on your foot and carefully arrange the heel part.
- Hold the leg part of the stocking in your hands.
- Pull on the leg of the stocking on approx. 5-10 cm at a time, and arrange the already pulled on part so that the fabric is even. Continue with the rest of the stocking leg as described until you have fully pulled on the stocking.
- If used, take off the slipper pulling it from the toe part.
- Finally arrange the entire leg part of the stocking with a slightly wet hand or rubber gloves and remove all wrinkles.
- When pulling it off, insert two fingers in the leg part of the stocking and carefully push it down your leg.
Pulling on arm sleeves
- Turn the arm sleeve inside out with both hands.
- Pull the arm sleeve on the wrist of your other hand. This can be made easier by putting your fingers close to your palm and thus forming a “cone”.
- Pull on the arm sleeve pulling on 5-10 cm at a time, and arrange the already pulled on part so that the fabric be even. Repeat the last step until you have fully pulled on the arm sleeve.
- As a last step arrange the arm sleeve and remove all wrinkles with a slightly wet hand or rubber gloves.
Instruction for care
Compression stockings shall be washed by hand in lukewarm water (maximum 40 oC) with a slightly alkaline detergent. Wringing only wrapped in a dry towel. When drying neither place the product on a hot heater or expose it to the direct sunlight. Ironing is forbidden. Do not remove the threads or thread ends sticking out in the inner part of the product, because it could lead to the deterioration of the product.
The compression stockings and tights of the Pharmatextil Kft are declared to be therapeutic equipments of the I. risk category, falling within the EüM decree of the Ministry of Health no. 4/2009. (III. 17.) on medical devices, decree that is nationalising the Directive 93/42/EEC. These compression stockings and tights comply with the essential requirement provided for in annex no. 1 to the decree, and show a performance as intended by the manufacturer. If properly used products do not endanger the health and safety of patients, of treating personnel or of other people.